|Meetings and Events|
Stay in TouchSign up to our Newsletter and Stay Up to Date on Elemental Impact Initiatives.
Paving the Pathways to a New Paradigm
In 2010, Elemental Impact moved from a concept to a national 501(c)(3) non-profit where ACTION is standard operating practice. Ei is paving a pathway to the new paradigm! Below is a recap of the milestone events, players and ACTION that makes the vision a reality. Click here to learn how you may join the journey.
- 24 – The Zero Waste in ACTION Blog surpassed the 85,000 pageview milestone.
- 17 - With the International Concourse nearing its one-year anniversary, the Sustainable Food Court Initiative Atlanta Airport Team reunited for a facility tour. Fact finding in nature, the tour included the concourse loading dock area along with food court front & back-of-the-house operations. The ZWA Blog post, SFCI Atlanta Airport Pilot: ACTION Resumes, is a pilot & tour overview while the EI FB album, 04-17-13 SFCI Team Tour - ATL Airport Int'l Concourse, is a pictorial recap
- 02 - The IMPACT Blog surpassed the 25,000 pageviews milestone - an amazing accomplishment, considering the limited number of posts. With its sister blog Zero Waste in ACTION at 81,000+ pageviews, Elemental Impact achieved a 100,000+ cyberspace reach. The IMPACT Blog post, A Powerful Cyberspace Voice – A Creation Guide, celebrates the milestone.
- 29 – Ei orchestrated a tour of the Wilbros Organic Recovery & Biofuels facility in Toccoa, GA for Michael Cheyne, Atlanta Airport director of sustainability & asset management. At tour time, Wilbros is the only composting site in GA permitted to accept food waste that is accepting food waste. The tour is featured in the ZWA Blog post, “Seeing is Believing” – the magic of tours and the Ei FB album, 03-29-13 Wilbros Organic Recovery & Biofuels Tour, is the pictorial recap.
- 27 – Ei Chair Scott Seydel and founder Holly Elmore toured the Pratt Recycling MRF along with Michael Cheyne, Atlanta Airport director of sustainability & asset management. Pratt is the destination for the Atlanta Airport’s recycling stream. The tour is featured in the ZWA Blog post, “Seeing is Believing” – the magic of tours and the Ei FB album, 03-27-13 Pratt MRF Tour is the pictorial recap.
- 27 – Ei Chair Scott Seydel and founder Holly Elmore toured the recently opened GenAgain plant in Lithia Springs, GA. Using innovative technology, GenAgain accepts "dirty plastic" generally landfilled or sent overseas.and returns it to petroleum. The tour is featured in the ZWA Blog post, “Seeing is Believing” – the magic of tours
- 15 – Ei’s first article is published in a national magazine. Inside Supply Chain Management published The Journey to a Zero-Waste Supply Chain in their March issue Sustainability Column. Written by Ei founder Holly Elmore, the article is introductory in nature with an overview of zero waste. The ZWA Blog post, Supply Chain’s Critical Role in Zero Waste Success, is an article overview and beyond.
- 04 & 05 – Ei Partners HMSHost and Simon Property Group hosted the Charlotte Ei Partner Tours. The IMPACT Blog post, Charlotte Ei Partner Tours, gives a tours overview while the ZWA Blog post, Bring the Possible Out of Impossible, dives into zero waste successes. For pictorial recaps of the powerful two days visit the Ei FB albums: 03-04-13 Charlotte Ei Partner Tours - Day One & 03-05-13 Charlotte Ei Partner Tours - Day Two. PPT presentations along with the tours agenda and participants list are available as downloads on the Ei Partner Tours page
- 25 – Ei founder Holly Elmore presented in the Zero Waste, Southern Style session at SWANA’s Road to Zero Waste Conference held in Atlanta. The ZWA Blog post, Zero Waste, Southern Style, is a session overview.
- 23 – The ZWA Blog tops 75,000 pageviews; the ZWA Blog post, ZWA Blog Hits 75,000 Pageview Milestone, is an overview of the powerful cyberspace network created.
- 05 – Ei celebrates third anniversary. The IMPACT Blog post, Elemental Impact Yr Three in Review – Amazing!, is a recap of a busy, ground-breaking year.
- 30 – Ei founder Holly Elmore presented in the Food Waste in Focus session at the 2013 U.S. Composting Council Conference, The Magic of Compost. The ZWA Blog post, Compost, A Magical Experience, is a conference overview and Holly’s PPT presentation is available on the Speaking Engagements page.
- 15 – Ei founder Holly Elmore is featured in the CBS SmartPlanet article For business, food waste a ripe opportunity for savings and referred to as “one of those Erin Brockovich whistleblowers.” The ZWA Blog post, Food Waste, the business perspective, is an article overview along with commentary.
- 19 – Ei announces an evolved Partnership Program via the IMPACT Blog post, Ei Partner Program Evolves.
- 16 – Ei announces a new mission statement via the IMPACT Blog post, Ei: New Mission Statement | New Directions.
- 12 - For the second consecutive December the non-profits and trade associations representing the entire food and beverage value chain gathered in Washington D.C. for a day of camaraderie, sharing and strategizing. Ei and Global Green co-hosted the meeting held on 12-12-12, a powerful, important day! The ZWA Blog post, Second Annual F&B Packaging Meeting, gives a meeting overview. PPT presentations are available on the Ei Meetings & Events page.
- 5 & 6 - The second Ei Partner tours were scheduled in NYC to tag-team with Global Green's CoRR Food Waste Conference on November 7. The ZWA Blog post, Food Waste Too Valuable for the Landfill, gives an overview of the Global Enviro on-site digester tour. The IMPACT Blog post, NYC Ei Partner Tours, is an overall recap with specifics on the EcoLogic Solutions warehouse visit.
- 17 – Ei founder Holly Elmore and Ei Partner Steve Davies of Natureworks presented on the Role Biopolymers Play in Zero Waste Programs in an End of Life panel at the Biopolymers Conference in San Antonio. Ei was a conference media partner.
- 12 – The November issue of Whole Living, a Martha Stewart publication, hit the stands with the feature article Spoil Alert profiling Ei founder Holly Elmore as she hosts the author on a two-day interview marathon of Atlanta’s wasted food crusaders. The ZWA Blog post, Atlanta Wasted Food Heroes in National Spotlight, is an article overview along with commentary.
- 03 & 04 – An Ei Team visits Newark for a two-day series of zero waste meetings and a workshop. Amy Moreland of Heritage Interactive Services and Chris Bradlee of BASF joined Ei founder Holly Elmore for the Newark zero waste visit hosted by the City of Newark Office of Sustainability. The ZWA Blog post, Ei Team Visits Newark for Zero Waste Education, is an overview of the meetings and workshop and the Ei FB album, Oct 02 & 03 Newark Zero Waste Visit, is the pictorial recap.
- 28 – The NRA completes the acquisition of the Zero Waste Zones program with receipt of the final payment. The ZWA Blog post, Ei: An Established Program Creator, announces the program transfer.
- 25 – The Perpetual Life Cycle System is birthed during the BioTown Ag on-farm A.D. Tour in Reynolds, IN. Urls are reserved for future use. The ZWA Blog post, Perpetual Life Cycle System – Simplicity is Key, recaps the importance of emulating nature’s no-waste system.
- 24 – Zero waste icon Scott Lutocka gives Ei Partners a tour of Piazza Produce’s zero waste facility. The ZWA Blog post, Zero Waste is a Team Sport, gives a tour overview and the Ei FB album, 09-24-12 Piazza Produce Zero Waste Tour, is the pictorial recount. With Scott’s in-depth comments on each picture, the album is a valuable asset.
- 15 – SFCI Shopping Mall Pilot Concord Mills begins their food waste donation program and setting the foundation for a food court food waste donation template. The ZWA Blog post, Food Waste Donation – Everyone WINS!, is an overview of HMSHost’s food donation commitment in action.
- 21 – Plastic film recycling pilot launches at Concord Mills, a Simon mall located in Charlotte. The ZWA Blog post, ACTION – Theme for SFCI Shopping Mall Pilot, gives the details and the Ei FB album, 08-12 Charlotte SFCI Trip, is the pictorial recap of the SFCI Team Charlotte Visit.
- 18 – Ei publishes the first blog post as a conference media sponsor: Role Compostable Packaging Plays in Food Waste Systems.
- 16 – First action steps taken in Food Waste Donation program within foodservice produce distribution channels: one company, one distribution center, 500 tons per annum of edible, unsalable food going to compost instead of hungry human bellies. The ZWA Blog post, Food Waste Reduction in Foodservice Distribution Channels, documents the current scenario, challenges and action points.
- 15 – Concord Mills, a Simon mall in Charlotte, is officially the Sustainable Food Court Shopping Mall Pilot. The ZWA Blog post, Concord Mills – SFCI Shopping Mall Pilot!, gives details on the announcement.
- 29 – Zero Waste in ACTION Blog tops 50,000 page views. The ZWA Blog post, … a voice grows powerful, gives a history of the blog along with commentary on the importance of documenting the journey.
- 23 – 14 – Heritage Interactive Services hosts fellow partners for the inaugural Ei Partner Tours in Indianapolis. The IMPACT Blog post, Ei Partner Tours Launch in Indy, recaps the amazing two days of education, strategizing and fun. For a pictorial recap, visit the Ei FB album, July, 2012 Ei Partner Tours in Indy.
- 27 – Ei founder Holly Elmore spoke at the first annual U.S. Zero Waste Business Council Conference in Costa, Mesa CA. The ZWA Blog post, U.S. Zero Waste Business Council hosts first-rate conference, gives the details.
- 18 – Chris Moyer & Jeff Clark with the National Restaurant Association ConSERVE Program visited Atlanta for a day of ZWZ meetings with Atlanta civic and community leaders. The ZWZ Blog post, NRA | ZWZ | Ei Partnership – Powerful!, gives an overview of the meeting marathon.
- 19 – Ei took the first steps down the Toxin-Free Environment path with EcoLogic Solutions’ Atlanta visit. The IMPACT Blog post, Integration Key to Sustainability Success, is an overview of the visit and potential action.
- 12 & 13 – Renown national nature | science writer Elizabeth Royte visited Atlanta for a two-day series of interviews on food waste reduction efforts in-place within the metro area. Ei founder Holly Elmore orchestrated the interview series. The ZWA Blog post, Atlanta’s Focus on Food Waste Reduction, is an overview of the interviews.
- 16 – The Georgia Dome SFCI Team convenes for a comprehensive facility tour and to develop an action plan. The ZWA Blog post, GA Dome SFCI Team Tour, gives an overview.
- 14 & 15 – Ei took the first steps down the Product Stewardship path with South GA farm tours. The ZWA Blog post, Consumer Demand: A Powerful Voice to Effect Change, gives an overview of the tours along with setting the foundation for future action.
- 05-08 – Ei was an active participant at the 2012 National Restaurant Association Show in Chicago. The IMPACT Blog post, 2012 NRA Show – Powerful!, recaps Ei Partner show activities. The ZWA Blog post, Waxed Cardboard Boxes = Landfill Destiny = $$ Lost, is a synopsis of the NRA Show session, Challenging the Value-Chain to Transform Transport Packaging: Eco-Friendly, Wallet-Friendly Solutions, orchestrated by Ei Chair Scott Seydel.
- 12 – The Georgia Dome accepts the invitation to serve as the Sustainable Food Court Initiative Event Venue Pilot. The ZWA Blog, Georgia Dome – SFCI Event Venue Pilot!, announces the new pilot and gives accolades to the Dome for its sustainability commitment.
- 12 – The SFCI Atlanta Airport Team was treated to a pre-opening tour of the acclaimed International Concourse. See the ZWZ Blog post, SFCI Team Tours New ATL Airport Int’l Airport, for an overview of the tour and the Ei FB album, 04-12-12 SFCI Team Tour of ATL Airport, for the pictorial recap.
- 11 – The ZWA Blog tops 40,000 page views.
- 10 – Ei founder Holly Elmore presented a zero waste session at the City of Chattanooga Zero Waste Conference. The ZWA Blog, Chattanooga Builds a Green Brick Road, gives an overview of the well-attended conference.
- 28 – ZWZ National Zone expands with the addition of two award-winning participants: White Oak Pastures, Bluffton, GA and Piazza Produce, Indianapolis, IN. The ZWA Blog post, ZWZ National Zone Expands, gives the details.
- 24 – The first Ei video is published on YouTube, a ten-minute Sustainable Food Court Initiative overview from the NOLA Resource Recovery Conference. The ZWA Blog post, SFCI Video from the Ei Film Crew, gives the details.
- 02- Ei founder Holly presented on the Sustainable Food Initiatives at Global Green’s NOLA Resource Recovery Conference. The ZWA Blog post, Global Green Team Work in NOLA, gives an overview of the impressive and important conference.
- 25 – The Zero Waste Zones Blog was renamed the Zero Waste in ACTION Blog to better reflect its content. ZWA Blog also complements Ei’s tagline, “ Sustainability in Action.” The ZWA Blog post, New Name | Powerful, Broader Readership, announces the new name and gives stats on the escalating readership.
- 21 – The ZWZ Blog tops 35,000 page views.
- 10 – ZWZ celebrates its three year anniversary. The ZWZ Blog post, ZWZ Turns Three!, gives a recap of the program.
- 05 – Ei celebrates its two year anniversary. The IMPACT Blog post, Happy, Happy Birthday Ei, give an overview of the tremendous impact in the past two years.
- 18 – The POWER – Perishable Organics Waste to Energy Recycling – meeting was held as formal session at the U.S. Composting Council conference. The ZWZ Blog post, USCC 20th Annual Conference – STELLAR – gives the details.
- 09 & 10 – Simon Property Group, Hilex Poly & Ei took a road trip to Charlotte to set into ACTION the Sustainable Food Court Initiative Pilot at Concord Mills and plastic film recycling projects at the Simon malls in Charlotte. The ZWZ Blog post, 2011 Planning = 2012 ACTION, gives details of the fun, important trip.
- 10 – The ZWZ Blog topped the 30,000 page views milestone.
- 19 – EcoLogic Solutions joins the Ei Sponsor Team as the first partner in the Toxic-Free Environment focus.
- 14 - Ei orchestrated and the National Restaurant Association hosted a collaborative meeting of the non-profits and trade associations for the sustainable foodservice packaging value-chain, representing the supply (manufacturers), demand (foodservice operators) and destinations (composting). The ZWZ Blog post, Sustainable Foodservice Packaging Meeting, gives details of the monumental meeting.
- 12 – Ei orchestrated an introductory meeting of the National Restaurant Association and the U.S. Composting Council leadership to build on the organizations’ synergies. The ZWZ Blog, NRA Leads Industry Collaboration, gives details on the meeting.
- 05 & 06 – Ei Chair Scott Seydel and Founder Holly Elmore joined forces for the first time as a film crew at the Sustainable Food Court Initiative Atlanta Airport Pilot. The ZWZ Blog post, Ei | ZWZ Film Crew Debuts, gives a recount of the inaugural photo shoot.
- 22- The ZWZ Blog hits the 25,000 page view milestone, only 65 days after surpassing 20,000 page views.
- 19 –Ei is a partner with the Institute for Local Self Reliance in consulting contracts and other projects. The ZWZ Blog post, Ei Partners with ILSR, gives details.
- 16 – Ei hosts the second annual Ei Sponsor & Advisory Council Meeting for projects overviews and strategy sessions. The IMPACT Blog post, 2011: An Amazing Year for Ei, recaps the powerful meeting.
- 08 & 09 – The SC Hospitality Association returned to ATL for a second ZWZ tour focused on logistics and composting facility permits. The ZWZ Blog post, A ZWZ Encore Performance, gives an overview of the two days of tours & meetings.
- 31 – Michael Cheyne, Atlanta Airport Director of Asset Management & Sustainability, accepted the 2011 Going Green Airports Award for the Sustainable Food Court Initiative Atlanta Airport Pilot. The ZWZ Blog post, Atlanta Airport SFCI Pilot Wins National Award, gives the details.
- 31 – Atlanta Airport includes a contract provision in the concessions RFP requiring food vendors to use compostable packaging. The ZWZ Blog post, Atlanta Airport Makes a Bold Statement, includes the specific language and other details.
- 14 – The ZWZ National Zone launches with the Tampa International Airport, Charlotte Douglass International Airport and the Concord Mills in Charlotte, NC. The ZWZ Blog post, It’s Official: ZWZ is National, gives the details.
- 04 – Ei Founder & ZWZ Director, Holly Elmore presents on Recycling Integrity at the National Restaurant Association’s Annual Quality Assurance Executive Study Group meeting. The ZWZ Blog post,Recycling Integrity Introduced at the NRA Quality Assurance Meeting, gives an overview.
- 21 – Ei Founder & ZWZ Director Holly Elmore speaks in an impressive session, Foodservice Packaging Initiatives: A View from the Outside, at the Foodservice Packaging Institute’s Denver, CO meeting. The ZWZ Blog post, FPI Educates on Packaging Evolution, includes a recap of the session.
- 18 – The ZWZ site launches. In the past, the ZWZ were included as a section of the Ei site.
- 18 – The ZWZ Blog moves beyond 20,000 page views, a major milestone for the powerful communication tool.
- 08, 09 & 10 - Scott Seydel, Ei Advisory Council Chair and Global Green Chair, and Holly Elmore, Ei Founder & CEO, met up with Chris Moyer, National Restaurant Association Program Manager, in Washington D.C. for a 2 1/2 day meeting marathon. The ZWZ Blog post, Ei|NRA’s Meeting Marathon, gives an overview of the meetings and the Ei FB album, 08-11 Ei Washington D.C. Visit – A Meeting Marathon!, gives a pictorial recap.
- 16 & 17 – The Atlanta ZWZ Team hosts the South Carolina Hospitality Association contingent of Board members, business association executives, and City of Columbia staff and councilman for a ZWZ tour. The ZWZ Blog post, ATL Zero Waste Team Hosts SC Hospitality Tour, gives an overview of the tour and the Ei FB album, 08-11 SCHA ATL ZWZ Tour, gives a pictorial recap.
- 28 – Ei Founder Holly Elmore was profiled as a Green Leader in FORTUNE.com’s article, 6 Green Leaders in Red States. For details, go to the ZWZ Blog post, FORTUNE.com Honors Green Within the Red.
- 01 – Simon Property Group. Waste Management and Ei|ZWZ tour the North Vernon, IN Hilex Poly Recycling Plant, the only recycling facility dedicated solely to plastic film recycling in the nation. The ZWZ Blog post, Getting a Handle on Plastic Film Recycling, gives a tour recap and the Ei FB Album, Hilex Poly Tour, gives the pictorial overview.
- 28 – FreshPoint Atlanta joins the ZWZ as the first foodservice purveyor. The ZWZ Blog post, ZWZ Welcomes New Participants!, gives the details.
- 27 – The Atlanta Airport, Concourse T serves as the first Sustainable Food Court Initiative pilot. See the ZWZ Blog post, Atlanta Airport – First SFI Pilot Project!, for the announcement and SFCI Team members.
- 16 – Matt Hupp with Simon Property Group travels to Atlanta for a day of meetings exploring zero waste initiatives available for mall operations. The ZWZ Blog post, Simon Property Group Embarks on Zero Waste Initiatives, gives a recap of the important day and the Ei FB Album, A Day of Mtgs with SPG, gives a pictorial overview.
- 14|15 – Havi Global Solutions, the supply chain management company for McDonald’s, visited Atlanta to explore an organics collection pilot for metro area McDonald’s. The ZWZ Blog post, Organics Collection Headed Towards Mainstream, gives a recap of the meetings and tours and the Ei FB album, HAVI Visits ATL, gives a pictorial overview.
- 13 – NatureWorks is Ei’s first sponsor renewal! The IMPACT Blog post, Ei’s Terrific Twos Brings Sponsorship Renewals, gives details of NW’s renewal and active Ei participation.
- 06 – Owens-Illinois contacts the ZWZ Team about partnering in a glass recycling pilot project in Atlanta. The Glass Packaging Institute joins the team effort. The ZWZ Blog post, Glass Recycling Kiln Ignited, gives an overview of the glass recycling exploration.
- 26 – Seeds planted for ZWZ-Tampa in a day of meetings with hoteliers, government officials and the Tampa Airport folks. The ZWZ Blog post, An Atlanta Icon Resurfaces in Tampa, gives details of the visit.
- 24 – Recycling Integrity: Truths, Myths & Emerging Technologies introduced at the International Foodservice Sustainability Symposium in Chicago. The ZWZ Blog post, Recycling Integrity @ IFSS – The Chris & Holly Show with an Added Buzz, gives session details.
- 23 – Marlin Gottschalk, Director of the Sustainability Division of the GA DNR and Ei Advisory Council Member, passed from complications related to his cancer treatment. The ZWZ Blog post, Farewell to a Friend, Colleague & Mentor, is Ei Founder Holly Elmore’s personal tribute to Marlin.
- 21 – Compost, The Quiet Hero made an encore performance at the 2011 NRA Show with a 90 minute session accompanied by the Chris Triad: Chris Moyer (NRA), Chris Newman (EPA) and Chris Koetke (Kendall College). The ZWZ Blog post, Compost, The Quiet Hero @ 2011 NRA Show, includes session details and pictures.
- 21 -The POWER – Perishable Organics Waste to Energy Recycling – meeting was EXCELLENT with strong attendance and stellar presentations. The ZWZ Blog post, Spring POWER Meeting is Stellar gives a solid meeting overview and the Ei Facebook page has a POWER photo album with meeting pictures
- 18 – Susan Grider Montgomery joins Ei as the interim ZWZ Program Director. The long-term intention is for Susan to apply her expertise in health economics and impacts to the ZWZ. See the ZWZ Blog post, ZWZ Welcomes Susan Grider Montgomery, for more details.
- 10 – ZWZ officially enters the Terrific Twos with the anniversary of the 2009 press conference that launched the program. Visit the Press Room page for 2009 Press Release.
- 14 – City of Atlanta releases a media alert of their ZWZ participation and support. Visit the Press Info page for the media alert and the ZWZ blog post, OFFICIAL: City of Atlanta Lends ZWZ Support for an overview and quotes from Mayor Reed and Mandy Mahoney, City of Atlanta Director of Sustainability.
- 23 – ZWZ Two-Year Anniversary Press Conference. Visit the ZWZ Blog Post, ZWZ Garners National Support for press conference details and ZWZ Press Release Page for the ZWZ press release.
- 23 – The National Restaurant Associations announces the national collaboration with ZWZ. Visit the ZWZ Press Release Page for the NRA Press Release.
- 24 – Chris Moyer, National Restaurant Association Conserve Program Director, joins ZWZ Leadership as part of the NRA/ZWZ collaboration announced at the February 23 ZWZ Two-Year Press Conference. Visit the Blog Post, Chris Moyer Joins ZWZ Leadership for more details and a picture of Chris in his signature green sneakers.
- 24 - POWER (Perishable Organic Waste to Energy Recycling) held its first meeting outside of Atlanta in Santa Clara, CA in conjunction with U.S. Composting Council conference. ZWZ Director Holly Elmore and Chris Moyer with the National Restaurant Association Conserve program presented tag-team style on Mobilizing the Foodservice Industry to Embrace Organics Collection. Go to the POWER page for a list of the attendees, the agenda, the meeting notes and the PPT presentations. Go the ZWZ Blog for a post on the meeting.
- 27 - ZWZ Director Holly Elmore presented to the National Restaurant Association’s Board of Directors Sustainability and Social Responsibility Committee on ZWZ: Mobilizing an Industry. Go to the Speaking Engagements page for the PPT presentation. Go to the ZWZ Blog for the blog post on the meeting.
- 01, 07 & 08 ~ ZWZ Director Holly Elmore was invited to the Waste Management Area (GA, NC, SC) Fourth Quarter Management Meetings to educate the WM team on the importance of zero waste initiatives and the changing paradigm of the waste industry. Go to the ZWZ Blog Post, WM Educates on Zero Waste for details on the meetings and to the Speaking Engagements page for the PPT presentation.
- 17 – Compost, The Quiet Hero makes his second national appearance at the USDA Forestry Reserve’s Sustainable Options 2010 Summit in a 60 minute session via his spokesperson ZWZ Director Holly Elmore. Later in the day Holly presented on Zero Waste Zones: Mobilizing an Industry to Make a Difference in a 60 minute plenary session. Go to the Speaking Engagements page for additional information and the PPT presentations.
- 18 - Launch of the ZWZ Ambassador Program, a group of volunteers organized by zones with the joint commitment to build a strong zone through participation recruitment, guidance with meeting the Zone Criteria, and assistance in setting up the metrics collection tool. Go to the ZWZ Ambassadors page for more information.
- 18 - ZWZ Champion Affairs to Remember Caterers experienced well over $100,000 in sales made almost exclusively because ATR is a responsible caterer who “walks the talk” of sustainable practices. Go the ZWZ Testimonial page for additional information.
- 11 – ZWZ Blog post, Foodservice Industry Ready to Embrace Composting?! gets picked-up by the Northern California Advocates for Zero Waste within 24 hours of going live. The post is a response to Peter Romeo’s National Restaurant Association Blog post, Compost Your Way to Zero Waste.
- 20 – Fifth Group Restaurants is the first Charter Participant to join the on-line ZWZ program via the National ZWZ Participant Directory. Go to the Directory to see those who followed Fifth Group’s lead.
- 26 – ZWZ Director Holly Elmore named one of the first SSO SuperHeroes in a program launched by Harvest Power. SSO = Source Separated Organics. Superheros are recognized for their heroic efforts on the journey to create organic-free landfills. Go to the ZWZ Blog post, ZWZ Director a SSO Superhero, for more information and link to Holly’s profile on the SSO site.
ZWZ Auxiliary Program launched, which is designed to give Participants guidance on avenues available to broaden the scope of their sustainable practices into areas beyond the Zone Criteria, including social responsibility. Go to the ZWZ Auxiliary page for more information.
- The National ZWZ Participant and Supplier Directories are launched. Go to the ZWZ Directories page to view the directories.
- ZWZ Director Holly Elmore quoted in QSRWeb.com article, The Future of Compostable Packaging for QSRs. Go to the National Media page for a link to the article.
- 24 – Compost, The Quiet Hero makes his debut presentation via spokesperson Holly Elmore, ZWZ Director, in a 90 minute solo presentation at the National Restaurant Association Show in Chicago. Go to the Speaking Engagement page for the PPT presentation and the ZWZ Blog post, The Quiet Hero Speaks, for a recap of the well attended session.
- 01 - ZWZ Announces National Expansion plan in a morning presentation attended by a national audience
Waste Magazine features the ZWZ~Downtown Atlanta with many quotes from ZWZ Director in the Naught ‘lanta article. Go to the National Media page for an article link.
- 02 - ZWZ Director Holly Elmore speaks on a panel at Southface’s GreenPrints Conference on Building a Balance: Zero Energy, Waste & Water. First speaking engagement outside of the foodservice or environmental industries. Go to the Speaking Engagements page for the PPT presentation.
- 10 -The Zero Waste Zone program launched with the downtown convention hotels, conference centers and event venues pledging to meet the ZWZ Criteria in a series of phases.